The First Woman –Part 1
Learn: Genesis 1:26, 27
Read: Genesis 1:24-31
1. What do we know from Scripture concerning the origin of man and woman? Genesis 1:1, 27, 31
2. What were the nature of the man and woman that God created? Genesis 1:26a
3. Animals have life and breath and personality, but are not created in the image of God. What is the difference between animals and man and woman when they die? Ecclesiastes 3:21; 12:7; Hebrews 9:27
4. In what way were man and woman created in the very image and likeness of God, that is, how were they different than all of the rest of God’s created creatures? Genesis 1:28a The man and woman could ______________________the language of the LORD as he spoke to them.
Genesis 1:26b The man and woman had ________________________over all of God’s creation.
Genesis 2:16, 17 The man and woman were given the opportunity to make a ________________ in their relationship to God.
Genesis 3:8, 9 The LORD God spent time in ________________________with the man and woman.
Deuteronomy 13:3 Man and woman are the only created beings in all of God’s creation that can____________ him.
John 14:2, 3 Man and woman have the opportunity to ____________with God in the special _____________that he has prepared for those that love him.
5. What number of persons is signified by the use of the words “us” and “our” in Genesis 1:26
6. What number of persons is signified by the use of the words “in his own” in Genesis 1:27
7. How can we understand the use of the plural to describe the Creator of man and woman in verse 26 of Genesis 1, while verse 27 uses a singular word to describe the Creator? Hebrews 1:1-3; John 1:1; I John 5:6, 7
8. What position did the man and woman that God had created hold in his creation? Genesis 1:26 b
NOTE: Genesis 1 is an overview of all of the Creation Week, a total of 7 normal solar days. Genesis 2:7-24 is a more specific narrative concerning just the creation of man and woman whom God created on the 6th day.
9. Use Genesis 2:6, 8-15 to describe the home that the LORD made for the man and the woman.
10. What specific command did the LORD give concerning what was in the garden of Eden where the Lord placed man to live? Genesis 2:16, 17a
11. What would be the consequences of disobeying the one prohibition that the LORD gave to those whom he had created in his own image? Genesis 2:17 b
12. Why did the LORD give the man that he had created a companion? Genesis 2:18
13. What is name that God gave to the man that he created? Genesis 2:19 b
14. What is the man doing when God tells us the name that he has given him? Genesis 2:19a
15. How does the LORD prepare Adam for his creation of the woman? Genesis 2:20
16. Describe the creation of the woman. Genesis 2: 21, 22
17. How did Adam react when the LORD brought the Woman to him? Genesis 2:23
18. Why is Genesis 2:23 the basis for how a man should treat his wife? According to Ephesians 5:28, 29
19. What command did the LORD give to Adam and the Woman when he brought them together? Genesis 2:24
20. We see that Genesis 2:21-24 is the basis for the relationship that God calls marriage. The designation of marriage is between a man and a woman only. Use the following Scripture to further define what marriage is and what it is not.
Marriage IS: Mark 10:6-9
Marriage is NOT: Romans 1:25-27
21. What is the reason that men call something marriage that is what he calls vile affections? Romans 1:28
22. What were the characteristics of Adam and the Woman when freshly created by God? Genesis 1:31; 2:24, 25